Thursday, August 22, 2013

2 0 / 2 0

6 years have passed and here I am, my feet sunk deep in footsteps I first left in this sand. After gaining so much and losing everything, I now stand alone with nothing in my fucking open hands. Nothing to show for all the time I've wasted treading open waters in search of lost land. When still my actions have stripped my flesh, they now claim the hands of those who I have left. Friends and foes who I’ve left to sink, buried deep within quicksand and dreams of release. I would rather sink with anchors in hand than claim to call myself a worthy man. Once an honest man, my hollow chest but fulfills a dead man’s commands. Lost at sea in search of land, blinded eyes and weathered ties, I’m yet a man, just skull and bones among the tides; rise and fall, rise and fall, glorify your eyes & lies and you will see what clarity provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.