Friday, March 20, 2015
T O R N
Oh, many times have I looked the other way
Lurking behind the shadows
Searching only to find a waiting grave
No longer can I follow broken paths leading me astray
For all the years I've given my frozen soul away
Traded to the demons who only know pain
Exiled beyond the gallows to a suffering world
Where time cannot reach, nor light will ever shine
With eyes so blind, no mercy could ever mend such a calloused mind
Yet, somehow, after this hollow beating heart has grown frozen cold
A world awaits, still waiting with open hands & thriving life; a sacrifice
Where even the darkest shades can swim with hope
In an ocean of change, waves swell without our fears
And reflections of past regrets hold no weight
The apparitions now dissolve into thin air
How many times I looked the other way
Certain to stay in a state of gray, there is no grace
Searching only to find my waiting grave
Helpless & selfish, I dig my own decay
No longer will I betray myself, seeking darkness amid the skies
For I will survive, knowing answers lie on the other side
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment