Hand by hand, step by step,
Only guided movements help scale such a tree.
In this colossal tree,
climbing high with the sky,
I can see, I see the sea.
Too distant for my reaching arms,
A ship caught in the horizon, sounded by alarm.
This tree I climb,
metaphorically mirroring life,
Stands solid and stern
Each branch stamps
Concepts, principles, and lessons learned
Progressively,
I find myself afloat on that boat,
And I sail away.
Enduring every wave,
every splash made;
Only to shatter an iceberg that day
Anchors aside, this hull has been breached;
The titanic goes down by the neoteric leak
Under this twilight moon and star filled sky,
Sinking, crashing down, we die
Past waves have made impressions on the shores claimed
Where the light house forever stands,
Giving obeisance to the titanic’s name in vain
When news of the percussion hits land,
A story began of the fallen men and their last stand
Filled with water and sinking by the second,
Men stand with pales in hand
Trying to stay afloat hoping for sudden sight of distant lands
Neither space nor time would rewrite this tale of men gone
Only space and time will heal these wounds in a life that lies beyond
I’ve walked on the same road,
following my shadows for too long now,
way too long. Traveling over; two separate paths,
two separate sides. On the same road, for way too long.
I am alone. Can you see me?
I’m almost gone. But still I stand here,
oh so close, so close to home.
Only on two separate sides.
Two separate lives;
one thrives while the other dies,
the other dies.
In my own eyes,
I’m still alive,
still living a lie.
Reaching for the sky,
I stand on solid ground.
Suddenly now, I’m falling down,
still falling down.
Not a crowd,
I’m in the ground,
under the sound.
Ten feet down,
suddenly now;
I’m finding out,
I’m drowning down.
Darkness all around me,
when light breaks free,
light breaks free.
You all surround me,
to let me see,
to remember me.
Only you complete me,
only you can let me free.
Only you make me,
make me believe,
I can break free.
From the person I used to be,
I can almost see, almost see.
The man I am supposed to be,
so close to me, so follow me.
Give me your hand now,
and show me now, I'm not alone.
Darkness all around me,
when light breaks free,
you remember me.
Finally home now.
This air I breathe,
so close to me,
setting me free.
Only you make me believe,
I can break free,
so make me believe.
Only you complete me,
the man I am,
the man I see.
Give me your hand now,
I’m not alone,
I’m finally home.
I see the darkness
Fabrication of phantoms who betray me
Swallowing fear behind a curtain
Only to gait with falter
I engulf the rays of light
Giving birth to breath
Tainted lungs capture emotions
Spoken words turned to potion
I speak in silence
Lurking beneath shadows of sorrow
Misguided intentions decay
Acquiesced in solace at the strike of solstice
When darkness comes
There will be fire
And when burnt out, the smoke rises
Higher into the air, higher and higher
Illuminating skies
The shadows dance with the flare of the fire
Water pours in and mends our desires
Still we stand feeling all the energy
Ready to embark on our mission of generosity
We dance in costumes among the cosmos. The blade severs shields of survival, whispering throughout all worlds: words of wisdom. Orchestrated beneath an army of silence; a beggar’s belief. Entangled angels, mangled and strangled, crowning Kings and Queens; granting glory to thieves among those who cry in need, thus, a beggar’s belief floats free! Silent are the rounds of sound drones, shown to the masses, thrones thrive through caskets, buried alive by hidden eyes that lie. Snitches rise with the night and fall in season when leaves give reason. Guarded by saints and sailors, we crew the captain’s ship; a pirate fights at solstice in silence. We rape and pillage, we kill and steal, we rise with the night and fall at will. With the ghost and goblins, the witches and ghouls, we’re devious devils destined to dance this ballot; singing a song seldom sung by souls of solace and sorrow. Silently spoken through swells of the sea. And when a sun rises, we shall rise too! Another fight, another night, another flight, another knight. Betrayed by our brothers under moon’s light, the revenge we tread upon, fools fall under twilight! Left to fade away as the daylight dies, skies cry, seas turn sides, and eyes shed new light over hallow hearts of those who lie. Forever to reap in heaven or hell. In costumes we dance, orchestrated on Earth as an Army in silence, we bestow a beggar’s belief.
I’ve been lying here
For what seems like an eternity
Only a ghost in the wind
Only a ghost to the winds
Eyes shut still forever; frozen, lost in time
Appendages numb under frostbite
Always slaved by a growing silence
Always a slave growing silent
I’ve been lying here, only a ghost in the wind for what seems like an eternity, only a ghost to the winds. Eyes shut still forever; frozen, lost in time, always slaved by a growing silence. Appendages numb under frostbite, always a slave growing silent; just a slave grown in silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment