As I lay down tonight, I’ll pray for every time you cried and when tomorrow comes, I hope somehow I won’t wake. I dedicate this city, this star-filled sky, to you my beautiful, to you my life. The best part of my bitter past was you and your goodbyes. Because I knew you’d be coming back to say hello again. To the end of everything I loved, till the end of hope. One winter midnight was the longest story of letting go. Lately I’m falling out, so ladies and gentleman tell me what you think I’d look like jumping now. It’s not too far; it can’t be too far, just far enough. Without letting me down, help me follow through my intentions. Black clouds cover this blue and white sky, the felling is stiff, the fog aimlessly drifting through the city. The cold winds blow through the streets, its 2:15 and I’m barley sleeping. Sunrise pours from the window, lighting up the room, another day awaits. Traces of coffee and cigarettes linger in the air. Addiction, obsession; falling angels from the sky. Shattered mirrors and goodbyes; debt, lies, and her lenitive eyes. Capture me and take me away with reason. Beautiful is just not as desirable as you. I melt when I read a book. Oiling sand into my hands. On a weekend in the summer without you there. The only thing I wish I could bottle up forever is you and your perfect ocean blue eyes. Her name was distance and she always had my heart; until I came along reading the paper. So to this fresh bouquet of flowers I’ll build a boat and we can sail away together. 8:15 and the skies always blue above me. But I better not forget, remind me what today’s for. Another lonely night; running to the store just to get by. Empty bottles maybe, will I find my girl tonight? Redress your woes, close out the city lights; you’re on a beach tonight. Can you fill my heart? Take back your confessions, they were so inconsonant. Your dreams will be mine, you sleep so well. This is your wake up call, the leaves are falling faster. You’re only a couple minutes late, your wakeup call called in sick today. Hold your hand out on the line and tell me you “love me so.” I’m at the red light, while your lights always green for you. And I’m living a disaster when you came crashing down on me. I can’t tell you how much I never noticed the obvious, and I can’t tell you how much I still love you. Close the front door to keep water from breeching in. I never meant to hurt you, I never meant to make you say “I really thing I’d be better because nothing perfect ends this way.” Let go, you’re free tonight. Feelings of anticipation, the stars shine for us. Tell yourself you’re starting over, memories of all the times; tonight we fly. So low to the ground, this gravity is pulling us closer. Shattering windows above us, it’s not too late to fall into the sky. This distance is calling me out. So here we go, she’s self-sufficient, she knows that I’m watching her, this time she’ll look me in the eyes. I’ll try to breath, but she’ll stop me to say “I had everything I wanted to feel someday.” The smoke stain still lingers from the ashtray, his ashes thrown from the vase into thin air and a closet full of his priceless items worth nothing. The summer breeze on a cloudy day, she never said she loved him. Angels will shed their tears tonight; love and lust relationships will tear her heart apart. The record player still plays away, playing their favorite song. Pictures with dried blood will remind her of what she lost. Too many broken dreams and better words to date, it’s too late to think of the times you can’t replace. Her dreams will be filled with the endless romance. A dead end, a lost cause, she never said goodbye. Paramour in distress and the clock sounds its last anthem for the mourning. Dressed in black and white affair, to let him go rest on; streets were quiet, her motives were set, and she took her life. So it’s time to go, she left a suicide note on the door. It reads “I’m sorry I never took the time for you, I’m sorry I never gave you what you always deserved.” She cut her wrists and bled out everything she felt. Sprout wings and fly away, this outcome is unlikely in your favor. Blood against your face, brings me to my knees to glorify, so it’s time to go, she left a suicide note on the door. It reads “I’m sorry I never took the time for you, I’m sorry I never gave you what you always deserved.” She cut her wrists and bled out everything she felt. Well I’ve been screaming for three hours now, no one is around me, but I don’t care. I’m starting to get used to it. Slowly now. When I fly in my dreams, I know you get it, I know you get it. Tomorrows the only thing I’d miss if I died right here tonight. Your perfume lingers in my room, but the beds still cold in summer. I’ll have your picture by my side, when the rain starts seeping in. On this cloudless night, your ocean blue eyes captivate me; I don’t want to fall again. Too many nights spent lying on the floor. Oblivious to what was going on around me. The glass from my thoughts has made way into my heart and I’m tired of being alone and bitter. The worlds I told myself now ring with such force and destruction; too good to get help, now you refuse me. I’m not the person I used to be. And I can’t go on anymore, I lost all and this place carries me down, down to the ground. The words I told myself now ring with such force and destruction. Too good to get help, now you refuse me, I’m not the person I used to be. She walks away, pretending its okay, today. Her hope grows wings and flies away. Today she’ll live, and she’ll learn to lose again. It’s better to have lost than to love until the end. So these scattered thoughts of you will finally leave. New expectations require loss of old information. Now how does it feel, how does it feel? Here’s a broken picture frame for you to hang above the only thing that’s real. And will you be mine, just for tonight if I only ask you. Just this one time, you will be my favorite conversation. So take my life, this shade under these trees is closing in. do you hear me? The moon is leaving us as we waste everything. I threw my heart out into your arms, trusting you could catch it, but you threw it back with a note that said “I hate you, now you need to move on, it only gets better when it’s left alone.” Will I ash my cigarette and spill my coffee all over this song for you? Why can’t I just come to realize that you’re the one whose killing me; I am nothing in your eyes. So you told me that this ocean makes waves too rough for me to sail. But I’ll still try, and I hope I make it back, with or without you. Take this with a grain of salt, I don’t know how to tell you but those things you did, and those things you said, mean nothing to me now since I won’t see you again. Dressed in black and white, just for your departure, looking back now, I can see your pain. You’d go so far just to make sense of everything you didn’t have, all alone. I know you’re screaming inside, fighting your rise up. I know you never thought it would happen, you never got your chance. This winter night is young, cold air fills my lungs, and I can’t say that I’m sorry for your loss. Two floors down the stairs, she gets away from me. By the time I realize, she’s already gone. Your ocean blue eyes hide the truth like a needle in a haystack. Disregard and understand every time you cried it was killing me inside. And now that it’s over, the blood from my heart stops altogether. My pulse beats fast, my breaths are short, and the air is cold tonight. If you say that you make a mistake I’d lie to you just to make you feel bad. And if you say you’re sorry for what I went through, it would be hard for me to look you in the eyes. Cause I’d never go back, to the lonely nights without you. My wrist would bleed; the sky would cover up with clouds. The stars would run away to the forest, the nearest galaxy, just to miss the end of everything that never should have happened. Look out the window, sorrow rains from the sky, close the front door to keep water from breaching in. I never meant to hurt you, I never meant to make you say “I really think I’d be better because nothing perfect ends this way.” I scream to you when I sleep at night, I scream to you when I lay cold and lonely, I’d scream if it would mean something, if it would mean something. Look out the window sorrow rains from the sky, scratched, torn, and scared forever. This is how it feels to be me. So go, go, go, drop me like your favorite song. Scratched, torn, and scared forever, this is how it feels to be me. Just give me one more minute. I swear it will be worth your time, I’ve been dying to ask you “Was it worth everything you thought it would be? Was it worth all the tears, was it worth all the pain?” looking back now was it worth all this, was it worth all this? Go, go, go, drop me like your favorite song. Scratched, torn, and scared forever. This is how it feels to be me. Paramour in distress and clock sounds its last sound. The midnight scene last so much longer when you cry. Lets slow down, breath in and don’t let out, lets slow down and hope for something more. Don’t say a word, don’t close your eyes. The sky will fall tonight, so don’t make me save you. Cause the leaves are falling faster in November.
Your ocean blue eyes make this easy. Park Place Avenue seems so empty when you’re gone. The midnight scene last so much longer when you cry. So take the glass against your wrist, be satisfied, be satisfied tonight. “I’m sorry “she said “there’s been too many nights waiting for your call, signed regretfully yours.” The stars won’t shine for me to make it home tonight. I’ve changed so much, but I can’t change what I’ve already done. Well I won’t be breathing long tonight; this damp air stops my pulse from beating. So here we go again, this time we’ll scream out loud, and tell ourselves we tried to make it right. Dressed in black and white, red flowers and tears drowning out suspicions from what could have been, a reason to live another day. The church choirs singing its last anthem for the mourning. Dressed in black and white to let him go; rest on. Streets were quiet, her motives were set, and she took her life. So take the glass against your wrists, be satisfied tonight, and tell me what you’ve learned so far. Angels will cry on this morning sunrise, the leave are falling faster in November, your ocean blue eyes make this easy. Park Place Avenue seems so empty when you’re gone. Dazed and lonely, my watch still moves, but I can’t tell time. Dead end roads, to dream I thought I knew, I thought I knew you. Go on! Walk away from this wreck, my heart! Mends well; my heart, mends well, too well to face the truth. I still have a heart, and my heart mends well. Walk away from this wreck, to face the truth. Go on! Go on! Go on! My heart mends well, my heart mends. Go on! Walk away from this wreck. My heart; mends well. Go on! Walk away from this wreck, my heart! My heart mends... Your ocean blue eyes draw me back to when I was alone. So innocent, so distraught, while the surroundings soar. My heart feels like it’s in a forest fire come save me baby, the water cools the ache and pain but the fire melts it away. So you might as well, please, just cut my legs off now. I’d be better off crawling, instead of making excuses because I’ll walk alone tonight, two floors below you, and if I saw your ocean blue eyes I’d melt all over. If I had a picture for every time you cried I could fill my walls like a collage. Life’s too short to see the big picture, you’re almost dead, and we’re all dying instead. Have a drink, an old man wishes he were young again. Beginners luck is just a game on a timed schedule. Don’t be afraid to swim, you’ll float or die trying. Go make your move, it’s now or never, it’s now or never. Walk alone the streets are more inviting at night loneliness is just a part of growing old. Take her hand, embrace the warm feelings you share inside; by the ocean, together as one, she’s dying, we’re all dying tonight. Let it go. Trying too hard to fight the future, the plan. Sing a sad song to an old friend, he’s all alone, he’s living the dream. Stay up late, build a fire and watch the rain drown it out. You’re getting older; you’re starting to get wise. Sit down to think times over, be thankful for what you had. Slowly now, you’re almost there. Everyone around you has gone somewhere. Take a deep breath, the news has come, you’re an old man. Wishing you were young again, take her hand, take her hand. Broken hands tonight as I stare into your ocean blue eyes. Bitter, heartless, selfish actions, I did it all just to impress you. Music playing over and over and I’m afraid I’ll end up falling short. Blood dries on my shirt, reminding me I still have a heart. And I can’t find my house, second left, second one on the right. Second best to everything you ever knew, everything you ever knew. If I could just look into your eyes and watch the way you stare at the stars id die for you in a minute id be alive. I love you baby, tonight I want to stay. This winter night is yours, cold air fills my lungs, and I can’t say that I’m sorry for your loss. Two floors down the stairs she gets away from me, by the time I realize she’s already gone. This air is cold tonight and I’m all alone out here. Tears of joy running down her face; if I could, I wouldn’t last without her, it’s too late. Open up your lungs and breathe me into your heart. Keep me there while I sing myself to sleep and I’ll say goodnight. November nights we would watch the leaves fall and cover the ground with autumn’s amber ashes. We could dance tonight away feeling warm with each other. Starring into your ocean blue eyes, you captivate me. Weill I won’t be sleeping long tonight. Feelings of guilt haunt me in disguise. So here I am again, this time I’ll scream out loud. And tell myself to make it right. Don’t say goodbye, don’t say goodnight. We can bottle up this ocean, don’t say goodbye, don’t say goodbye to me. Down beneath the ground, cold air stops my pulse. Dressed in black and white, just to say goodbye, tonight. Dear miss I’ve told you this before, I got a letter that I wrote for you. It’s missing feelings and lacking compassion, but never mind, but never mind. November nights, we would watch the leaves fall and cover the ground with autumn’s amber ashes. We’ll dance tonight as the sky cries for us; feeling warm with each other. Your ocean blue eyes will tell the truth. Bring me closer to you. Later that night, back on highway thirty-five, it was the right time to go. I never forgot how you told me to love you, I never forgot… This is your wake up call; the leaves are falling faster in November. You’re only a couple minutes late, your wakeup call called you today. Hold your hand out on the line and tell me you “love me so much more.” I’m at the red light, wishing we were dancing, feeling warm with each other. And I’m crying in disaster when the news of you came crashing down to me. I can’t tell you how much I never noticed the obvious, I can’t. And I can’t tell you how much I’d put myself through just to hear you say “those were the best times, staying together to envy the rain.” And now your perfume still lingers, still swings in my room. I’ll write this letter as my excuse to justify what I’m doing. It might not last; it might not make a difference at all. Will this fire burn me to ashes please, or will I drown in this ocean of tears? Will this fire burn me to ashes please. It just doesn’t seem so right. Front page report: Another innocent one dies today. It’s you and I. watch the rain, soak it in, dying for what we thought we knew. Blood on my clothes again; trying, I can’t convince you. And I can’t help the fact that you make me feel like I’ve been ruined and run over by your words. It’s obvious you beat me down, kill me and I’ll die alone. Break my bones and steal my heart and take tonight away. In the hospital room that night, caring only to see you open your eyes; long winter nights, another tear I can’t hide. You will be saved; you will know everything and know all the right things to say. Only you, only you could do this well. Something special shines from your eyes, you were so happy, your smile never looked so beautiful, I knew I could always love you. I cut myself last night, trying to find a way to get you out of me. For the second week in a row, I can’t go to sleep at least until I say “I loved you once, I lost you then. You burn my heart like coffee burns your skin.” I wish you were a weed so I could drown you in my poison, and throw you in the bag. Last time I remember, it was the best night of my life. You cried to me by my side, you and your ocean blue eyes. The city lights never looked so good from this bridge above, if I jumped now tonight, would it end all those times I tried? Broken hearts tonight as I stare into your ocean blue eyes. Stab me in back again, only this time make it last. Stars will burn as I lay down tonight; silence brings to me everything I need to mend this right… The water is cold tonight and I’m all alone, all alone without you, you and your ocean blue eyes. I’d read the clouds to you, draw the moon and stars near your window, just to make you feel at home. Don’t you forget the beach we first kissed on, and tell me to my face how it is you really feel. Because I swore to myself that I’d never lose someone like you, I’d never get me heart broke, when being careless never paid off. Now I’ll sleep the nights worrying if the rain will show rather than enjoying the time. Please burn me to ashes, please. Those were the best times, burn me to ashes please, staying together to envy the rain, in this ocean of tears, and now your perfume still lingers, still swarms in my room; I’ll write this letter, please, as my excuse, burn me so. It might not last; it might not make a difference at all. Just four more lonely nights out here, this sun has yet to run away. The tide comes and goes all night; I’m laying here wondering if you’re alright. Paint my appetite for losing self control. It’s not so much of a character defect, it’s more like an appendage. And when I scream so hard my lungs fill with blood, never turn back and say you felt sorry for me all along. Sometime tonight the stars, the sun, and the moon will align, forcing me to put on my dancing shoes. Although they may have caulks on them, I am not a horse, nor any animal for that matter. The only animal that I wish to be called is a halcyon. For if I was a halcyon, then when you run over me, like you always do, I will have the power to calm the winds and waves, and during the winter solstice when the sun packs his bags, I can then sit; nested on the ocean, learning peace and tranquility. It is only then do I wish to be referred to as an animal. I am not an animal, nor am I human. I am of greater decent than that of mortal standards. I am free, I am legend, I am dead.
No comments:
Post a Comment